Advanced eye screening tests
Major medical conditions can be found by simply examining your eyes.
3D OCT scan
- We have invested in a revolutionary piece of diagnostic equipment to give us the most accurate, detailed imaging of the deep layers of your retina and optic nerve.
- Our experienced optometrists are highly skilled at interpreting the results and using them to detect potential complications and conditions early – and identifying the most effective treatments.
- Baseline: We recommend you have a 3D OCT scan during your first appointment so we have a baseline measurement of your initial eye health to enable us to spot any changes.
- Regular monitoring: We help preserve and protect your eye health and vision from the insight gained from repeated 3D OCT scans. The regularity with which we recommend further scans depends up on your age and initial results.
3D OCT scans enable to us to detect a range of conditions, including:
- Glaucoma – damage to the optic nerve by the pressure of fluid inside your eye
- Central Serous Retinopathy – blurred vision due to fluid collecting under your macula
- Age-related macular degeneration – the most common cause of sight loss in the developed world.
- Diabetic Retinal Changes – including Macula Oedema (fluid underneath retina)
VISUAL FIELDS TEST
- We have invested in the ZEISS Humphrey's Visual Field analyser, commonly used in hospitals and regarded as the most accurate machine available to measure the sensitivity and extent of your visual fields. Visual fields defects only show up when at least 30% of your field of vision is already lost, meaning conditions such as glaucoma can go undiagnosed for many years. Early Detection is therefore vital.
- It measures your visual field (how much you can see ‘out of the corner of your eye’) by flashing a series of random lights in your peripheral vision at varying levels of brightness.
- Our expert optometrists analyse the results showing how wide and sensitive your field of vision is and use this information to identify potential complications.
- Regular monitoring: We provide this to identify conditions early and to ensure any treatment/management is adapted appropriately if your condition changes.
Visual Fields Tests enable us to detect a range of conditions, including:
- Glaucoma – damage to the optic nerve by the pressure of fluid inside your eye. If left untreated it can cause tunnel vision and eventually total blindness.
- Optic neuritis – inflammation of the optic nerve
- Retinitis pigmentosa – a range of inherited conditions of the retina
- Unexplained headaches – including identifying serious conditions such as brain tumours
- Identify effect of CVA, TIAs, and Strokes on visual fields